The answer to the question “ How do I get from Bali to Gili Islands and Lombok? ” is multiple.
It is easy to get to the Gili islands and Lombok. The options below depend on how you plan your holidays :
- If you arrive in Bali via Bali airport and do a short stay (2-4 nights) to discover the the Gilis or Lombok during your holidays in Bali.
- Or you arrive via Lombok airport if you plan to spend your holidays in Lombok.
Getting to Lombok – Gili
There is an international airport in both Bali and Lombok.
Coming from Bali
Bali Airport is located in Denpasar. If you arrive in Bali, it is ideal to spend some days to explore the island. Then detour to Lombok-Gilis for a few days.
If you are coming from Bali, there are 3 options to get Lombok :
- a flight from Bali to Lombok
- the ferry (cheap but slow and you will arrive in south Lombok)
- a fast boat (faster and preferred by the tourists).
Fast boats to Gili – Lombok
Fast boat services from Bali to Lombok – Gili are available daily.
How long does it take to get from Bali to Gili Islands – Lombok?
The usual schedule is:
- around 7:00 (depends where you stay) pick you up from your hotel in Bali
- shuttle bus to the harbour
- boat trip, around one and a half to two hours depending on the sea condition
- 2-3 stops at Lombok (Bangsal) and Gili islands depending where is your destination
- if you stay with us, we pick-up you at Lombok Bangsal (less than 10 minutes).
Departure from Lombok-Gili to Bali is the same. However, depending in your flight, you may have to spend a night in Bali.
Arriving at Lombok aiport
Lombok Airport is located in the south of Mataram. Transfer services from Lombok airport to hotel Anema are available 24hours. The car trip from airport to hotel takes around 1.5 to 2 hours.
They are domestic flights from Jakarta or Bali and 3 international flights from/to:
- Singapore with Scoot
- Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) with Air Asia
- Perth (Australia) with Air Asia
Diving Lombok with us if you stay in another resort
If you stay in a resort close to us (in Sire beach or nearby)
If you stay in Sire Beach (Pantai Sire) at Tugu hotel, Villa Sapi, Villa Anandita, Beach villa Lombok or Villa Sepoi-Sepoi), it is easy to join us for diving around the Gili islands:
- walking on the beach, we are at 5 minutes to hotel Tugu or Villa Sapi
- cycling 5-10 minutes on a quiet road
Or, you can stay in Oberoi hotel, Shibui bungalows or near Bangsal. It is also easy and fast to join us for diving and/or snorkeling.
If you stay in a Gili hotels, we can pick you in your islands.
From north west Lombok – Senggigi
If you stay in Senggigi area (North west Lombok) or in Gili Trawangan, you can join one of our day trip with:
- beach club (canoe-kayak…),
- visiting Lombok,
- cooking class,
- and of course diving.
From Bali, it is impossible to have a day trip to Gili islands.
Except, if you do not mind doing around 10 hours of boat-road trips (2 ways) for visiting less than 3 hours.
And, the return with a departure at 15h, is possible with few fast boats companies and not available throughout the year.